Email Marketing is perhaps the best way to communicate instantly with a large audience. There are many considerations such as:
- how to craft your message so it doesn’t get mistaken for spam
- which segments to send to
- what is the best day and time of day to give your message the best chance of being opened. Monday morning is not a good time!
- whether it is best to send one or a series of messages
- the optimal mix of messages to maximise engagement and sales
- and, of course, how to navigate GDPR
There are a number of email engines you can use ranging from your email supplier to Marketers Choice, Kajabi, Flodesk and Mailchimp as your requirements become more sophisticated.
Email marketing engines such as Mailchimp provide very helpful metrics of who has opened emails and how successful campaigns are.
Your email engine can be combined with your database so you can keep a track on how your contact list has reacted to your campaigns over time.
Email Marketing for Cheetah Conservation Fund UK
The Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF) UK is a charity which raises funds to help cheetahs in the wild.
After importing their contacts into Salesforce from a number of disparate spreadsheets, I linked it to MailChimp and they are now able to grow their database and email list to raise funds through regular contact with their growing supporter base.
Email Marketing for Customer Value Group
For the Customer Value Group, I conducted email marketing campaigns to over 200,000 contacts at a time. If you are selling large ticket items (in this case corporate software) even the smallest open rate can make all the difference.
I used Jangomail for this. It is cheap and cheerful software.
I split the database according to:
- region: EMEA, US and APAC.
- industry: automobile, manufacturing, services, telecoms etc.
From gaining leads in the way, I was able to sell millions of £ of software globally.